The Government announced today (September 29, 2023) that the Minimum Allowable Wage (MAW) for foreign domestic helpers (FDHs) in Hong Kong will be increased by 3 per cent, from $4,730 to $4,870  per month.

Under the Standard Employment Contract for hiring FDHs, employers are required to provide FDHs with food free of charge. At present, the vast majority of employers provide free food to FDHs. Employers may, however, choose to pay a food allowance in lieu.

If employers choose to pay a food allowance to FDHs, the allowance will be increased by $40  from not less than $1,196 to not less than $1,236 per month. The new levels of the MAW and food allowance will apply to all FDH contracts signed on or after tomorrow (September 30).

1) Hong Kong ID Card copy ; if the employer is not the Hong Kong Permanent Resident, pls provide the travel documents ( Passport and the pages to show the valid visa for staying )
2) Financial capability for employment of a foreign domestic helper, the salary paid to the helper should normally not exceed one fourth of the employer’s family income, being not less than HK$ 180,000 per annum if one helper is employed. ( if 2 helpers : HK$ 180,000 x 2,….etc.)
Examples of proof of finance are :
– the latest notice of assessment and demand for tax issued by the Inland Revenue Department ; or
– bank passbook/ statement showing auto-payment of your monthly salary for the past 3 months ; or
– evidences showing that you are in conrol of substantial assets such as recent properties tax assessment, fixed deposits/ bank saving statements for the past 3 months ( with an aggregated amount of not less than HK$350,000) etc.
3) Recent proof of residential address as reported in the employment contract, such as the latest demand for rates or utility bills including water / electricity/ gas / residential telephone / Cable TV which were issued within the past three months.
*** Remarks : If the above documents are not in the name of the new employer, please also produce relationship proof with the employer such as copy of Marriage Certificate, birth Certificate etc.
*** If you cannot provide the correct and complete requirements for the application, the Application time will be delay and affect the result of approval / refused by HK Immigration. Please make sure that you are able to provide the required documents before the starting of application.

Ask us

Your Name *

Your EMail *



Content taken as final